Kelly Ford Buckley has a career many CMOs dream of: She is a marketing leader who became an investment partner, developing a platform to accelerate and scale growth across Edison Partners' portfolio of companies. She then broadened her role into general partner and COO for the firm. Since she's been in the marketing leadership seat and she's been on several Boards, she is uniquely qualified to talk about the bridge between CMOs and their Boards.
You'll hear about:
- How to remove the intimidation factor when working with boards
- How to build an ongoing dialogue with your Board
- Whether the Board is looking to the CMO for content or confidence
- Why you should NOT be re-creating the wheel with every Board presentation
- How Board interactions are different in a downturn
- How to upgrade from a reporting conversation to a strategic conversation
- What it's like to be an operating partner focused on marketing and how to prepare for such a role
The Get is here to drive smart decisions around recruiting and leadership in B2B SaaS marketing. We explore the trends, tribulations, and triumphs of today’s top marketing leaders in B2B SaaS.
This season’s theme is the CMO and Board Relationship in B2B SaaS.
If you are looking to hire a CMO or VP of Marketing of the ‘make money’ variety - rather than the ‘make it pretty’ variety, contact Erica at email@example.com. You can also follow Erica on LinkedIn or sign up for her newsletter at TheConnectiveGood.com.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy